Let us try exploring Editable Grid in Dynamics 365
We’d enable it on Contact Entity ( editable grid works for custom entities as well)
- Go to Contact entity, control tab and click on Add Control
- Add Editable Grid
- Enable Editable Grid as default for Web, Phone and Tablet
- Save and Publish the change.
- Go to Contact Home Grid. (fields now can be edited, Status, Composite fields etc are not editable)
- We can do Group By on the grid
- Similarly, in Associated View of Contact we have the same behavior
- To switch back to Read Only Grid, select SHOW AS command
- Back to our old Read Only Grid (no grouping)
- We can add JScript for fields inside grid.
- Let us try Adding function on OnChange of Address 1: City field inside Editable Grid
- On changing the City field in the grid
Hope it helps..