SiteMapName in the AppModuleSiteMap is null or empty error while importing V9 Solution in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement

We recently upgraded our Dev and Test environment to V 9.0.

Dev

Test

While importing a solution from Dev to Test which had SiteMap we got the below issue.

“The SiteMapName in the AppModuleSiteMap is null or empty”

It turns out that the following tags were required and were missing in the Customization.xml

We added that tag and were able to import the solution successfully.

Interestingly if we export the same solution from Test and search for this tag, it is again missing, however, we can see the following XML section added there

This section was not there in dev’s sitemap.

Hope it helps..

Advertisements