Configuration Migration Utility not migrating all the records in Dynamics 365

Recently while trying to move data for one of our entities, we saw that Configuration Migration Utility was only moving 7 records out of 11.

Even in the log, we couldn’t find any error message.

<<Drive>>:\Users\<<username>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Configuration Migration Utility

In fact, exporting and importing the records through excel was also only adding the 7 records.

The way we fixed this issue was by specifying the primary field of the entity as the fields to compare on update.

Running the import again this time imported all the records.

Hope it helps..

Form now showing up properly after solution import in Dynamics 365.

Recently after moving our solution from dev to test, we saw that one of our lead forms was not showing up properly.

As we can see below, the contact section is missing and the Social Pane instead of being in center is left aligned below the Summary tab label.

The fix for this was to enable the Bing Map from the System Settings in the Test.

The same record in our test, after enabling the Bing Map.

Hope it helps..

Sample Code to bulk update the record using ExecuteMultiple in Dynamics 365

Sharing a sample code that can be used ExecuteMultiple to bulk update the records.

private void MyForm_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

var orgProxy = GetOrgProxy();

// place your fetch xml code to retrieve the records to be updated
var fetchXML = @"FetchXMLQuery";

var multipleRequest = new ExecuteMultipleRequest()
// Assign settings that define execution behavior: continue on error, return responses.
Settings = new ExecuteMultipleSettings()
ContinueOnError = true,
ReturnResponses = true
// Create an empty organization request collection.
Requests = new OrganizationRequestCollection()

// get all the records > 5000
var totalRecords = GetTotalRecordsFetchXML(orgProxy, fetchXML);

// split the lst of entity to child list
// specify the size of the batch i.e. 500 here
var lstlstEntity = SplitList(totalRecords, 500);

// loop through each of the list and create the request and add it to Execute Multiple Request
foreach(var lstEntity in lstlstEntity)
foreach (var entity in lstEntity)
UpdateRequest createRequest = new UpdateRequest { Target = entity };
// add the field to be updated
entity.Attributes["sab_referencenumber"] = "1000";

ExecuteMultipleResponse multipleResponse = (ExecuteMultipleResponse)orgProxy.Execute(multipleRequest);

/// <summary>
/// Function to split the list into child list
/// </summary>
/// <param name="locations"></param>
/// <param name="nSize"></param>
/// <returns></returns>
public static List<List<Entity>> SplitList(List<Entity> locations, int nSize = 30)
var list = new List<List<Entity>>();
for (int i = 0; i < locations.Count; i += nSize)
list.Add(locations.GetRange(i, Math.Min(nSize, locations.Count - i)));
return list;


private static List<Entity> GetTotalRecordsFetchXML(OrganizationServiceProxy orgProxy, string fetchXML)
XDocument xDocument = XDocument.Parse(fetchXML);
var fetchXmlEntity = xDocument.Root.Element("entity").ToString();

EntityCollection entityColl = new EntityCollection();
List<Entity> lstEntity = new List<Entity>();
int page = 1;
entityColl = orgProxy.RetrieveMultiple(new FetchExpression(
string.Format("<fetch version='1.0' page='{1}' paging-cookie='{0}'>" + fetchXmlEntity + "</fetch>",
SecurityElement.Escape(entityColl.PagingCookie), page++)));

while (entityColl.MoreRecords);

return lstEntity;


// Get service instance
public static OrganizationServiceProxy GetOrgProxy()
IServiceManagement<IOrganizationService> orgServiceManagement =
ServiceConfigurationFactory.CreateManagement<IOrganizationService>(new Uri(""));

AuthenticationCredentials authCredentials = new AuthenticationCredentials();
authCredentials.ClientCredentials.UserName.UserName = "username";
authCredentials.ClientCredentials.UserName.Password = "password";
AuthenticationCredentials tokenCredentials = orgServiceManagement.Authenticate(authCredentials);

return new OrganizationServiceProxy(orgServiceManagement, tokenCredentials.SecurityTokenResponse);


Hope it helps..


Solved – System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: SandboxAppDomainHelper.Execute: The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly in Dynamics 365

We got the below error while in one of our plugin assemblies. 

As it turned out we were referencing the latest, version 9 Dynamics 365 assemblies in our plugin project, against our Dynamics 365 Environment which was still in version 8.2.

Adding the appropriate NuGet Package (i.e. fixed the issue for us.

The helpful post

Hope it helps..

Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: GetAssemblyMetadata: expected mdtAssemblyRef or mdtAssembly while registering plugin assembly in Dynamics 365

While registering a plugin assembly through plugin registration tool we got the below error

The reason being we were using MSBuild.ILMerge.Task Nuget package and there were few assemblies being referenced in the plugin project that had copy local set as true.

So eventually the single plugin assembly that was getting build had these assemblies also being merged in it, which led to the above error.

Setting Copy Local as False for those assemblies fixed the issue.

Hope it helps.

Empty or Disable cache while working with Web resources in Dynamics 365 (Chrome)

Most of the time while developing Web Resource we need to frequently update and publish it. We need to make sure that it is not cached and our changes are reflected instantly on publish.

For Chrome,

Open the Developer Tools (F12)

Press and hold the reload button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload” to have changes reflected.

The other option à Developer tools – Settings – Preferences

Hope it helps..