Configuration Migration Utility not migrating all the records in Dynamics 365

Recently while trying to move data for one of our entities, we saw that Configuration Migration Utility was only moving 7 records out of 11.

Even in the log, we couldn’t find any error message.

<<Drive>>:\Users\<<username>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Configuration Migration Utility

In fact, exporting and importing the records through excel was also only adding the 7 records.

The way we fixed this issue was by specifying the primary field of the entity as the fields to compare on update.

Running the import again this time imported all the records.

Hope it helps..

Form now showing up properly after solution import in Dynamics 365.

Recently after moving our solution from dev to test, we saw that one of our lead forms was not showing up properly.

As we can see below, the contact section is missing and the Social Pane instead of being in center is left aligned below the Summary tab label.

The fix for this was to enable the Bing Map from the System Settings in the Test.

The same record in our test, after enabling the Bing Map.

Hope it helps..

Solved – System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: SandboxAppDomainHelper.Execute: The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly in Dynamics 365

We got the below error while in one of our plugin assemblies. 

As it turned out we were referencing the latest, version 9 Dynamics 365 assemblies in our plugin project, against our Dynamics 365 Environment which was still in version 8.2.

Adding the appropriate NuGet Package (i.e. fixed the issue for us.

The helpful post

Hope it helps..

Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: GetAssemblyMetadata: expected mdtAssemblyRef or mdtAssembly while registering plugin assembly in Dynamics 365

While registering a plugin assembly through plugin registration tool we got the below error

The reason being we were using MSBuild.ILMerge.Task Nuget package and there were few assemblies being referenced in the plugin project that had copy local set as true.

So eventually the single plugin assembly that was getting build had these assemblies also being merged in it, which led to the above error.

Setting Copy Local as False for those assemblies fixed the issue.

Hope it helps.

Empty or Disable cache while working with Web resources in Dynamics 365 (Chrome)

Most of the time while developing Web Resource we need to frequently update and publish it. We need to make sure that it is not cached and our changes are reflected instantly on publish.

For Chrome,

Open the Developer Tools (F12)

Press and hold the reload button and select “Empty Cache and Hard Reload” to have changes reflected.

The other option à Developer tools – Settings – Preferences

Hope it helps..

Hide “Sign in with an external account” from Dynamics 365 Portal

To hide the Sign in with an external account section from the Sign In and Register page of the portal.

Set the following site settings value to false à

Followed by Restart of the portal.

To add any additional JavaScript or HTML, for e.g. we wanted to disable the Email text box on the Register page,

Go to Portals à Content Snippets and create a new code snippet record

The output:-


The helpful post –

Hope it helps..