Legacy Form Rendering vs New Form Rendering (Turbo Forms) in Dynamics 365


Hi,

Recently we were analyzing performance improvement we’d gain while moving our solution from legacy form rendering to new form rendering.

For this we picked up the opportunity entity, which had good enough customizations (field, tab, sub grid, JavaScript etc.) in it.

Below is result we got using CRM Performance Center

http://blog.cobalt.net/blog/understanding-the-microsoft-dynamics-crm-performance-center

Hope it helps..

SSRS Fetch XML based CRM Online Report performance in Dynamics 365


Hi,

Recently we were analyzing the performance of a fetch xml based online report.

The report was running against opportunity, and had 4 data set in it. Custom entity A and custom entity B were n – 1 related to opportunity.

Data Set Opportunity 13000 records
Data Set for Custom Entity A used for Lookup 100 records
Data Set for Custom Entity B used for Lookup 8000
Data Set for Tasks Activity used for Lookup 130000 records

More on Lookup Function in SSRS

Running without filter 107 seconds
Filter Last 6 months 94 seconds

We then updated the report’s design, to include only one Dataset by using link entities in the main dataset’s fetch xml. We got the below result

Running without filter 280 seconds
Filter Last 6 months 10 seconds

Another variation we tried was having two Dataset, one for opportunity and another one for tasks to be used for lookup.

Running without filter 50 seconds
Filter Last 6 months 50 seconds

The last variation we tried was using only one Dataset for Opportunity in the main report and the drill down report for Tasks

Running without filter 34 seconds
Filter Last 6 months 7 seconds

It clearly shows that the most efficient way of implementing is through the usage of drill down report, only glitch here is user needs to click on the main report to get the details.

Using single dataset is efficient for subset of records, however it can take long time if it runs on huge number of records in which case lookup performs better.

Basically,

g

Hope it helps..

Using Lookup, LookupSet and Multilookup function in SSRS (Dynamics 365)


Using the Lookup, LookupSet and Multilookup functions we can basically combine values from 2 different data set.

The definition of them are

Lookup/LookupSet/Multilookup(source_expression, destination_expression, result_expression, dataset)

source expression – the field from the source data set (for e.g. primary key)

destination expression – the field to be matched from the destination dataset (sort of foreign key)

result expression – the field whose value has to be returned from the destination dataset

dataset – destination dataset name.

For e.g. we have custom entity Team and Team Members (1 à n)

We have following two DataSet one for Team and one for Team Members.

  1. DSTeam

  1. DSPlayer

The sample report has the Tablix which is bound to DSTeam and has two columns one which is bound new_name field of DSTeam dataset and the second column which gets the player name from DSPlayer dataset.

Output:

Lookup function picks the “first matching value” from the second dataset DSPlayer.

To get all the matching we need to use the LookupSet function (along with Join)

Output:

To understand Multilookup, let us create one more entity Tournament that will have a text attribute which stores comma separated team name.

Let us create one more dataset DSTournament and bound it to a new table. Which have one column which lists the Tournament name and the other column that does the multilookup to DSPlayer to get the player name.

It brings the first matching value, by searching (doing lookup) on multiple value i.e. India and South Africa

Hope it helps..

Resources in Use -300 Custom Entities Limit in Dynamics 365 (online)


Hi,

Till CRM 2015 update 1, we had upper limit of 200 Workflows, 300 Dialogues and 300 Custom Entities. From CRM 2015 Update 1 onwards, the limit of workfows, dialogues and custom entities have been removed.

In Dynamics 365 Online we can still see information related to custom entities which shows upper limit as 300. However this is more of indicative and there is no upper limit now. Please refer the below link for more details

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/88b18946-474c-4c94-8e4c-27532f930757?f=255&mspperror=-2147217396#Anchor_4

Go to Settings –> Administration –> Resources in Use

riu

Hope it helps..

Register a Dynamics 365 app with Azure Active Directory


  • Sign in to Microsoft Azure Management Portal or Sign up for a free trial. The account should be in the same Office 365 tenant where we would like to register the app. (or link existing Azure Subscription not in same tenant as CRM)

https://manage.windowsazure.com/

  • Inside Azure Management Portal select Azure Active Directory

  • Select App registrations and click Add

  • Provide required details for the App and click Create

  • Select the App created to get the required details

  • To give permission to App to access Dynamics CRM, click on Required Permissions in API Access section

  • Click on Add

  • Select Dynamics CRM Online

We’d get the notifications.

  • Along with Client id we would also need Authorization Endpoint, when we develop App.

Hope it helps..

Crm Internal Exception: Singleton Retrieve Query should not return more than 1 record. Query: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand while Importing Solution in Dynamics 365 \CRM 2016 or earlier.


Hi,

While using “Apply Solution Upgrade” or Import in our Test Instance having managed solution, we got the below error.

The Managed solution had the report set as Viewable By = Organization (we cannot have Individual report in Solution) when it was deployed first. And later the user had set the report to be as Individual manually.

Changing the report back to Organization in TEST and importing the solution again fixed the issue.

Hope it helps..