By making use of appsetting and settingdefinition table, we can enable notifications in the Model-Driven App. (not sure if it is documented somewhere / or supported way) – so try in a trial environment.
I think the supported way is through customization.xml
Thanks to the below post and tweets by Mehdi EL Amri, which describes the steps to be followed.
Basically, we need to add a new record inside appsetting table which will have reference to the settingdefinitionid of that particular setting (Alert notification early access) inside settingdefinition table along with id of the app to which we want it to be associated.
- Let us get the settingdefinitionid for Allow notification early access.
- App Id for the Sales Hub.
- Here we are creating a new record through a console application
- parentappmoduleid – appid of the model driven app
- settingdefinitionid – id of the specific setting
- uniquename – name
- value – set as true
Now let us create a flow on the creation of contact which will send the notification. (create the notification record)
On creating the contact record, we can see the notification inside our Sales Hub.
Settings allow us to enable/disable toasts and set the toast duration as shown below
Hope it helps..