To enable the new email capabilities in Dynamics 365 Customer Service,
Navigate to Settings
àAdministration à System Settings à Email Tab and check the Enhanced email for Timeline option
We can also enable it from within the Sales Hub app,
App Settings à Overview
The new features include à
- Composing Email in a pop-up and non-blocking window within the context of the current record.
- Working on multiple active draft email concurrently
- Maximum – 3 active email windows are allowed
- Ability to move across different records while still drafting the email.
Here we have navigated to My Active Cases view with the draft email still available in the bottom to work on.
- Rich edit experience which includes Drag and Drop / Copy and Paste of the images
- Ability to preview the Email Template before applying them.
These features are all geared toward making the agent more productive and efficient.
Check other blog posts on
Release 2020 Wave 1: https://nishantrana.me/2020-release-wave-1/
Release 2019 Wave 2: https://nishantrana.me/2019/12/31/dynamics-365-2019-release-wave-2-blog-posts/
Hope it helps..
6 thoughts on “Enhanced email experience for agents in Dynamics 365 Customer Service – 2020 Release Wave 1”
Hi Nishant. Awesome articles on the new features. Quick question on custom model-driven app. Are these options only available in the Sales Hub and Customer Service Hub model driven apps? Any idea when they might look to enabling the function on all custom apps as well?
Thanks for your appreciation Michael. Yes most these new features are available across the product.