Few key points on the new duplicate detection rules (preview) –
- This new Duplicate Detection feature is available only for leads.
- This can be enabled from Dynamics 365 Sales app. We need to navigate App Settings >> Data Improvement – Duplicate Detection (preview) to enable this feature.
It identifies duplicate leads based on –
- Email address
- Phone number
- Similar name and company name (e.g. John Denver from Contoso and John Danver from Contoso. inc)
- Similar name and the same email domain ( John Denver, JR@contoso.com, and John Danver, SalesExecutive@contoso.com)
It uses Dataverse Search for detecting duplicates.
- It works along with the already existing duplicate detection rules set through Settings >> Data Management >> Duplicate detection rules
- It takes around a couple of minutes for the setting to get enabled. Also, we get the message that data is getting prepared and it might take a few hours and up to a few days for it.
After this new detection rule is enabled, we can select the potential duplicate lead record and select the View duplicates option from the command bar.
This opens the Duplicate records page, with the duplicate records listed.
It also highlights the field based on which it identified the duplicate record. Email and the name in this case.
- We have the option to Remove and Delete the selected duplicate record(s).
We get the same options when we open the record which has possible duplicate records as a notification on the form.
Clicking on View possible duplicates open the same duplicate records page.
Get all the details here
Hope it helps..