Recently while trying import products from our Dev to Test environment using the Configuration Migration tool we got the below error
The reason being we were using default unit as a unit group in out DEV and the same wasn’t there in the TEST environment. Interestingly if we set the correct GUID in the data.xml generated by Configuration Migration tool and try importing, still the products do not get imported.
So basically, if we try importing the products entity alone we might run into issues. To migrate it properly we need to add the related entities along with it as mentioned in the Microsoft documentation.
We created a new schema file with Product and its related entities, and this time migration worked properly.
Hope this helps.