A new Sales Team Member App has been made available in the 2020 Release Wave 1 plan that is specifically designed for users having Team Member License.
Below are the roles assigned to the app.
Below are the entities available for the users within the Sales Team Member app
Team member licensing is targeted towards the lightweight users that need limited access across the Dynamics 365 Apps.
Below are some of the rights/actions that Team member License User can perform –
- Read all Dynamics 365 application data and Custom Entity Data.
- Can Access Customer Engagement applications from Web App, Mobile, Tablet and Outlook.
- Mobile Offline capabilities are not available for Team Member Licenses.
- Create, Update and Delete
à Activities, Announcements, Contacts, Custom Entities (15 max), Notes associated with them, Personal Views, Saved Views, Email Templates, Word Templates.
- Create and modify up to 15 Custom Entities (per application) in addition to the OOB entities.
- Export data to excel.
- Access user reports, charts and dashboards.
- Through Portal and API – create, read, update and delete Cases.
- Post and follow activity feeds.
- Perform mail merge.
- Start a dialog.
- Associate a marketing list with contact or account.
- Use a queue item.
- Use relationships and connections between records.
- Use the search and advanced find.
The below diagram from the Licensing guide explains how team members’ license fits with the need to access custom entities.
Licensing is one the most complex part about the product, so it always recommended to go through the licensing guide and clear any doubts from Microsoft before deciding.
Download the Dynamics 365 Licensing Guide
Check other blog posts on
Release 2020 Wave 1: https://nishantrana.me/2020-release-wave-1/
Release 2019 Wave 2: https://nishantrana.me/2019/12/31/dynamics-365-2019-release-wave-2-blog-posts/
Hope it helps..