Check other posts on Release 2020 Wave 2
Finally, now we have the opportunity to opt-in for early access to release wave 2, to validate the new features in a non-production environment.
The features will be generally available on October 1, 2020.
Get all the details on the key dates and FAQ here
- Log in to the Admin Portal
- Select and open the environment to upgrade
- Click on Manage in the Updates section and click Update Now
- The upgrade process will start
- Retry in case if any of the application updates fails using the Retry button, for us Dynamics 365 Core service had failed.
- After a successful upgrade, the upgraded instance will show the 2020 release wave 2 enabled.
Hope it helps..
16 thoughts on “Enable early access 2020 release wave 2 – Dynamics 365”
Thanks for this article. I was wondering if on October 1, 2020 it will be automatically applied to my Production environment or can we pick a date when it will be applied to the Production environment in case we need a few more days as part of the testing.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365-release-plan/2020wave2/#key-dates-for-the-2020-release-wave-2upgrade for each region
Microsoft would start at October 1, the actual date would vary based on the region.