SiteMapName in the AppModuleSiteMap is null or empty error while importing V9 Solution in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement


We recently upgraded our Dev and Test environment to V 9.0.

Dev

Test

While importing a solution from Dev to Test which had SiteMap we got the below issue.

“The SiteMapName in the AppModuleSiteMap is null or empty”

It turns out that the following tags were required and were missing in the Customization.xml

We added that tag and were able to import the solution successfully.

Interestingly if we export the same solution from Test and search for this tag, it is again missing, however, we can see the following XML section added there

This section was not there in dev’s sitemap.

Hope it helps..

Advertisements

Author: Nishant Rana

I love working in and sharing everything about Microsoft.NET technology !

One thought on “SiteMapName in the AppModuleSiteMap is null or empty error while importing V9 Solution in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement”

Please share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.