[Edit – (3 May 2018) – Multi Select Option Sets cannot be used inside Portal]
Few months back I wrote the following post about Multi Select Option Sets.
Here, let us look at the limitations associated with them,
Suppose I have the following multi select option set field created for contact entity.
- The field is not available for Business Rule.
- The field is not available inside BPF
- The field is not available inside in Workflow – e.g. check condition and create step as shown below.
- The field is not available as filtering attribute in Plugin (however the values are available as OptionSetValueCollection)
- Inside Report Wizard it can be used as filter condition
But cannot be used as View Column
So basically, we need to be cautious before we make use of the multi select option sets in our solution.
Hope it helps..
7 thoughts on “Limitations of Multi Select Option Sets in Dynamics 365 CE”
One more thing this field is supported in Dynamics 365 portal,
LikeLiked by 1 person
sorry for the typo, * this field is not supported in Dynamics 365 portal.
Multi Select Option Set cannot be used in Charts.
MultiSelect Option Sets are one of the biggest failures of the update. I no longer recommend them for any solutions.