SoapException:Server was unable to process request on Update using CrmService.

Hi,

We were receiving the above error on running a custom aspx page.

This page was configured to be called on click of an ISV.config button from an entity’s form.

The page was using CrmService web service to update the entity on which it was being called.

On checking the stack trace, we found that error was coming from within this function of the page

CrmService crmService = new CrmService();
crmService.Url = //web service url
crmService.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

salesorder salesOrder = new salesorder();
salesOrder.new_issuer = userName;

salesOrder.salesorderid = new Key();
salesOrder.salesorderid.Value = new Guid(poID);

crmService.Update(salesOrder);
There was nothing in the code that could have resulted in the above error as correct guid of the record was getting passed.
After a little more investigation we finally realized that the issue was with a post update callout. The post update callout was the one which was throwing the error.
And as we were updating the record using a custom page, the callout was also getting fired. So finally we corrected the post update callout and the custom page also started working fine.
Bye.

Author: Nishant Rana

I love working in and sharing everything about Microsoft.NET technology !

2 thoughts on “SoapException:Server was unable to process request on Update using CrmService.”

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s