System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Setuser failed because of one of the following reasons: the database principal does not exist, its corresponding server principal does not have server access, this type of database principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission.

We got this error while executing our plugin. Within plugin we were making sql call to fileteredViews.

For impersonation we were making use of SETUSER keyword.

The plugin was working fine in development and test server. But started giving the error in case of Production.

We replaced SETUSER with EXECUTE AS USER and everything was fine than.

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/05/21/writing-crm-callouts-with-filtered-views.aspx

Bye…


Author: Nishant Rana

I love working in and sharing everything about Microsoft.NET technology !

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s