Access is denied. Check that the Default Content Access Account has access to this content, or add a crawl rule to crawl this content. The item was deleted because it was either not found or the crawler was denied access to it- Sharepoint

Got this error while starting the full crawl on Local Office Sharepoint Server Sites (default content source)

The resolution for this was to add the following registry key

1) Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2) In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
3) Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4) Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
5) Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
6) In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
7) Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861

Bye…


Author: Nishant Rana

I love working in and sharing everything about Microsoft.NET technology !

17 thoughts on “Access is denied. Check that the Default Content Access Account has access to this content, or add a crawl rule to crawl this content. The item was deleted because it was either not found or the crawler was denied access to it- Sharepoint”

  1. Confirmed that this works on Windows 2008 R2 64bit.

    Note: This change is required on the IIS server and not the SQL Server. Took me a while to figure that out….

    Like

    1. Was it the only thing you did? Because I can’t make it working with WIndows Sever 2008 R2 and Search Server 2010 😦 Still the same error message 😦

      Like

  2. This works on Windows 2008, as well. I did IISreset instead of reboot, and that got my search going.

    I am concerned that I’m defeating a built-in security feature and will have to research more to see how serious this is.

    Like

  3. You saved my day dude!!!

    After setting the DWORD Key in the registry i rebooted and then it saied “Service Unavailable” when starting the central administration web site.

    Only after starting the configuration wizard it was ok again, and the crawler works fine now.

    Like

  4. Nice catch! I had this fix an issue that I was having with search function, but I am not sure it is necessarily Windows Server 2003 SP1 that caused the issue. It may be related to .Net Framework 3.5 or .NetFramework 3.5 SP1 as those were the updates I made to the server before the search died.

    Like

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s