Copy and Paste which was working as usual suddenly stopped working one fine day.
Had the following setting enabled
Restarted the following process on the remote machine, but that also didn’t help.
Finally updating the following setting on the remote machine helped fix the issue
Go to command prompt – open Local Group Policy Editor
Navigate to: Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Remote Desktop Services \ Remote Desktop Session Hosts \ Device and Resource Redirection \ Do not allow clipboard redirection
Although it was not configured so it should not have affected the setting, however explicitly set is as Disabled.
Restart the remote server. This fixed the issue. (do the same for the client machine as well if that doesn’t work).
Hope it helps..
Recently even after saving the credentials in connection settings to an RDP file, every time we were opening it, it was asking us to enter the password.
The below steps helped us to fix the issue.
Open Windows Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) from the command prompt.
Go to Local Computer Policy – Administrative Templates – System – Credentials Delegation.
Click on Allow delegating fresh credentials, select the option Enabled. Click on Show button and add the value TERMSRV/*
Repeat the step for
- Allow delegating fresh credentials with NTML – Only server authentication
- Allow delegation saved credentials
- Allow delegating saved credentials with NTML – Only server authentication
Then open Credential Manager from the command prompt and a windows credential.
Add a generic credential as shown below
Lastly make sure prompt for credentials is set to 0.
After making these changes we were able take RDP to the server without it asking for password.
Hope it helps..
While trying to run an application we were getting the below message
It was taking us to Microsoft Download site for downloading the framework.
We downloaded the 4.7.1 Framework but while trying to install it we got the below message that said the framework or a later update is already installed on this computer.
Tried uninstalling all the .NET Framework version installed including 4.7.
That also didn’t work.
Few of the forums talk about making changes in the registry, that also didn’t help.
Eventually we commented the supportedRuntime element in the configuration file of the application to get through this issue.
Hope it helps..
[Update – 6th June 2018]
Finally working now –
Tried starting all the network and update related services randomly in Windows Services (Run –> Services.msc).
Here are the list of services running in my machine
Try starting them and see if it works for you .
[Update – 2nd June 2018 – Still can’t see the wifi network, have tried all the option. I think will have to format it. Meanwhile using the below approach]
Few days back I saw that my Lenovo (Windows 10 ) laptop was not showing any WIFI networks.
I tried everything that was suggested out there i.e. update drivers, configuring WLAN Auto Config, Auto Discovery On etc. etc. (except the last resort of formatting the operating system) but none worked.
Interestingly it was showing all the available networks on the lock screen, through which I was finally able to connect.
The other option that could help is, from the command prompt delete the existing profile using the below command
netsh wlan delete profile name=”WifiName”
and create a new wifi connection manually and start it automatically.
I think some of the Windows updates might be the reason for this issue, so still waiting for a newer update that might fix it. Till then at least I have the above workaround.
Hope it helps.
As there will be no Year in Review Annual Report for the wordpress blog this year I have created the report myself, following the same pattern used by wordpress.
The blog was viewed about 206,021 times in 2016 with 145,939 visitors.
Below were the top posts in 2016.
Below were the top referrers