Easy to understand and follow article – thanks Rajeev.
Rajeev Pentyala - Microsoft Power Platform
In this post, lets see how to build a Canvas App with data from on-premise SQL Server.
Using Gateways ,data can be transferred quickly and securely between a canvas app and an on-premises data source, such as an on-premises SQL Server database or an on-premises SharePoint site.
Lets get started to configure a Gateway and read the on-premises SQL Data which acts as a Canvas App’s ‘Data Source’.
- SQL Server with a Database and a simple table.
- Dynamics 365 subscription. Subscribe to 30 days trail here.
Configure a ‘Gateway’ to on-premise SQL Server:
We need to install ‘On-Premises Data Gateway’ service on the machine with ‘SQL Server’.
- Connect to PowerApps maker portal using your Dynamics 365 credentials.
- Go to Data -> Gateways and click on ‘+New gateway’ button.
- You will be redirected to downloads page and click on ‘Download’ under ‘On-Premises Data Gateway’ section.
- Download and click on the…
View original post 239 more words
One thought on “[Step by Step] Canvas App using on-premise SQL server as Data Source”