Continuing the previous post on Planning and Segmentation, here we have some of the important points with regards to delivery in Adobe Campaign Classic.
Kindly refer to the PluralSight course –Getting started with Adobe Campaign V6 to learn in-depth.
- Different delivery channels supported are Email, SMS, Mobile App Pushes, Social Media, etc.
- All the interaction with recipients is tracked as activities.
- To create the delivery, navigate to Deliveries inside the Campaigns tab, and click on create.
- For delivery, we can select an existing delivery template for the Delivery template field. Below we have Birthday Template selected.
- Clicking on continue will open the edit screen.
- Below is how the default content editor looks like.
- Content editing mode can be changed to another mode inside the Advanced tab. Here DCE stands for Digital Content Editor.
- Switching to Digital Content Editor adds a new pane on the right side, which makes it easy to specify the properties of the elements selected in the template and a few more controls/options added on the top of the selected control.
- Once done with the editing we can save the template. The next step will be to use the step in the Campaign’s Workflow.
- Navigate to the Deliveries tab, and drag the Email delivery step in the workflow after the deduplication step.
- Next double click the Email delivery step to edit it, which allows us to select and add the template we created earlier to it.
- We can edit the email content. In the below screen we have selected the personalization field, the value for which will be picked from the recipient record targeted in the delivery.
- It allows us to select the fields in Recipient (personalization)
- Along with HTML Content, Text content can be defined for the scenario where HTML is restricted.
- We can also add personalization for email parameters – Sender Address, From, Reply Address and Reply Address Text as shown below.
- Personalization can also be added to the Subject line
- The To field of the email i.e. Target comes from the result of the targeting steps specified in the workflow
- It can also be further modified in the Select Target window when needed.
- We can use the Preview tab to test the email message by using the Test personalization option.
- Preview option also provide additional details like anti-spam details
- We can also specify approvals for the email before they are sent. Select the Properties option.
- Select the Approvals Tab, to specify the type of approval and the reviewers’ details
Thus we saw how to create and use email templates in the workflow, configure email and its properties, etc. Next, we’d explore running this campaign.
Hope it helps..