Suppose a package has been running for quite a long time or has been mistakenly run and we would like to stop its execution.
To do so
- Right Click on SSISDB
- Select All Execution Reports
- Filter it to see all the Running packages
- We can see our all the running packages there.
- Now to stop any specific package, right click SSISDB and select Active Operations
- From the Active Operation window, select the running job and click on Stop button to stop its execution.
- Another option is to use the stored procedure à get the operation id of the running package and execute the stored procedure
Exec catalog.stop_operation @operation_id = 199915
Hope it helps..