Say we have created a simple Silverlight 4 application that shows current date time.
Now we want to deploy it on the SharePoint Live. For this we can follow these simple steps:-
- Open the SharePoint site and click Site Actions |View All Site Content
- Click on Documents
- Select Upload Document
- Select and Upload the HelloWorld.XAP file. After uploading the document copy the url of the file. (e.g. http://my.sharepoint.com/TeamSite/Documents/HelloWorld.xap)
- Create a new web part page or open an existing web part page on the site. Click on “Add a Web Part” and select a “Silverlight Web Part” .
- Click on configure and specify the URL of the XAP file uploaded and select Apply.
- The page with the web part.
Hope it helps.