Suppose we have following 3 forums in our Community Portal
- And we want a particular portal user to have rights to manage a specific forum, say for e.g. test forum in our case.
- For this let us create a new web role, here we have specified the Community Portal as the WebSite.
- Navigate to Community – Forum Access Permissions
Create a new permission for the Test Forum and assign the newly created Web Role.
(Specify Forum as Test Forum and Right as Grant Change)
- Open the contact record (portal user) in CRM and assign the new web role.
- Login to the community portal.
- On opening the General Discussion forum, the user doesn’t have any edit rights.
- On opening the Test Forum, the user has the modify rights
Hope it helps.
3 thoughts on “Managing Forum in Community Portals in Dynamics 365 (Using Forum Access Permissions) – Part 2”
How can an external user (who already logon portal) create user?